Sunday, March 16, 2008

Priority Notification Tip #1

This blog is for Customer Enchilada Priority Notification Members only.

From the email sent 3.15.2008

Customer Enchilada Priority Notification: Tip #1

It was June of 2003. I was losing customers and I knew I had to
change what I was teaching.

After 8 years of focusing on recruiting, my students
were dropping out of the mlm business in bigger numbers than usual. The companies didn't matter. They were dropping out of all of them.

Many had run effective recruiting ads which had gotten highly
qualified sales people to respond. But the minute people found out
it was mlm, they declined or just hung up. Other callers were
trying to cross recruit them.

I decided to test something new with my students - and happily, it
ended up being a way many of them were able to stay in the NM game:
Learning to build a base of repeat customers for their product.

Just customers - people not also selling the product.

And the results were so good we wrote a book about it - "If My
Product's So Great, How Come I Can't Sell It?"

In mlm it's possible to earn repeat (residual) income from just
customers. Like cable TV or AOL. Recruiters don't talk about it,
but you can do it if your company pays you to find repeat customers who are not also selling the product.

#1. Does your company pay you AT LEAST 10% of the top of
any repeat or preferred customer order. More is better. Why?

Otherwise it isn't worth doing the hard work to get the customers
in the first place. There are easier ways to make money.

#2. Does your company have a category for just (repeat) customers - people you don't have to push to become sellers?

Exercise.

1. Picture YOU have 300 repeat customers by Dec 31, 2008.

2. Your company pays you $10 for each order.

3. With 300 repeaters, you'd be earning about $3,000/mo.(300
repeaters @ $10/each per month.)

Question: How can you get those customers without doing the hard sell - without being seen as a pest or a nag?

Tip #1: CHANGE THE QUESTION you ask yourself.

Instead of the old stand-by:

"What can I do to get them to see the value of this product? And buy it and stay on it?"

Change that to:

"What goal might my potential customer have, that I can help them move a step or two closer to?"

That means you have to know where your potential customer would like to be that they're not, yet, as it relates to what you have to offer them. Your job is to move them closer to it, even one step.

How could you know where your potential customer might want to be, where you can help move them toward that place?

Ask yourself: What has the product done for you? From where to
where did it move you in some part of your life?

*This is step one in defining who your best potential customer is
- because you can help someone get to where THEY want to be, just like your product helped YOU get somewhere you wanted to be.

You might help the person make a move or two forward on the board game - but as you help your prospective customers move closer to THEIR goal, they will naturally be interested more and more in what you have to sell.

Because you've built up trust and credibility. You're proving you are helpful to THEIR goals.

So the question is: What can I do to help move Lulu, who wants what I wanted, move closer to HER goal (of say, wanting to lose weight and keep it off)?

That first step will not be selling your product. You'll help her make an interim move towards that goal instead. To build her trust and confidence in you. That comes first. A sale comes after that.


This exercise enables you to 1) see if there's a market for your product and 2) learn how to help that someone in that market with your new focus.

If you can really help someone get closer to where they want to be with something you're selling, selling is not only not evil, it's more like a calling.

Think?

Next: Something we did in our new little start up to start building
up credibility and interest in our product. A new list of well over
400 new opt-ins in the first couple of weeks.

2 comments:

ASelvaggi said...

Kim,

This is great stuff... direct marketing done this way works and works very well. Offering people something for free, such as ebook, and educating them on something they have a genuine interest in is a terrific way to create a community. It will lead to people talking about it creating social proof and build you as an authority on the subject. I can't wait to hear more on the customer enchilada. I like it...

Robin Plan said...

Hi Kim

I'm not new to network marketing. I tried so many ways to make money but never made enough to make my efforts worth it. I still believed I could do it.

2 years later I'm still with it with a different company and totally different marketing ideas.

We value customers. I still go first but offer free info and never hear no. They either ask for the info or not. I never know if someone doesn't want the info. It's all their choice.

You ask:
What can I do to help move Lulu, who wants what I wanted, move closer to HER goal?

I'm using free reports offered on my blog. I write about health, eating healthy and my history with menopause.

I could have this person order the product after reading the report one time, or not. They will get different reports as new ones are written. It doesn't matter to me if they buy right away. They will learn and be able to make a decision based on truth and no pressure.

Information is the key to helping someone get to where they want to be, or make changes.

Robin